Huey and Angelina Wilson Traditional Scholarship First Time Application
The Huey and Angelina Wilson Foundation funds up to fifteen (15) $1,000 scholarships each semester for students with hemophilia or other bleeding disorders. To be eligible you must be registered at an accredited college or university in the state of Louisiana, be a Louisiana resident and be TOPS qualified. The scholarships are gifts, not loans, and can be used by the recipient as needed for school related expenses (books, meals, etc.).
There are two types of scholarships, traditional and non-traditional. The traditional scholarships will be awarded first and if scholarship awards are still available they will be issued to eligible non-traditional students.
Deadline to schedule your service hours
Deadline to work your service hours
Service Hour Requirements:
- Each Applicant is required to work eight service hours per semester per semester with the foundation.
- It’s best to schedule your service hours with us as quickly as possible. We have many different recipients and as the available service hour projects are spoken for you may find that we don’t have a project available for you.
- It will work better for you, and for us, if we have you on our schedule well in advance of your project day. This allows us the time we need to prepare for you and when you arrive you can begin your project without a delay.
- LHF will only communicate with the student/recipient about his or her service hour requirements.
- If you don’t work the service hours, you are not eligible for a renewal.
- Completed Application below
- Essay to Answer: Why the Louisiana Hemophilia Foundation should award the scholarship to me? (Approximately 250 words) (part of application)
- Documentation of your bleeding disorder from your Physician (part of application)
- TOPS Qualification: to get this you can visit http://www.osfa.la.gov/TOPS_O.htm
- Copy of student schedule for upcoming semester (part of application)